The Associate will directly interact cross-departmentally across all levels of the organization, support all team members and play a critical role in making sure PoP’s day-to-day operations run smoothly and efficiently. This will require both a long-term vision to what can better serve key stakeholders and ability to adapt quickly to ad hoc requests and tight deadlines. Opportunities will be provided to work in multiple tech platforms, become well versed in Salesforce, individually lead in the development of operational policies, become adept in non-profit business administration and understand the intersection between fundraising and program implementation.
Specific job responsibilities include:
- Assist in ensuring the process that informs donors tied to school builds on updates is regularly reviewed and relationship managers are updated accordingly
- Assist in operational duties associated with the finance teams, such as processing offline donations (e.g., checks) and Shopify orders
- Assist in Impact and Fundraising related data cleaning and checking
- Create data dashboards to ensure that data is actionable to staff as needed in partnership with the Manager of Data Analytics
- Lead onboarding and off-boarding processes for all incoming and outgoing employees and interns for the NYC based staff
- Lead PoP’s internship program; this includes both setting a vision for interns as well as ensuring that both managers and interns are set up for success with monitoring and evaluation of outcomes for the program
- Support teams in Ghana, Guatemala and Laos with miscellaneous operational needs, such as procurement of tech products and other tools that enhance communication and collaboration
- Assist with in-office support, such as provision of supplies and coordination with building representatives (after COVID-19 regulations are lifted)
- Become the direct point of contact for the majority of operational-based requests and become well informed on where to direct lines of communication based on the request
Specific job qualifications include:
- Commitment to organization’s vision and mission
- Commitment to the collective and established understanding of equity
- Salesforce experience is highly preferred
- Comfort with responding to urgent requests
- Detail orientation is a must
- Openness to learning and growth
- One to four years of experience in administrative roles
Onboarding process will include:
- In the first year, you can expect to partner with your manager to track onboarding processes and ensure you are set up for success. Learning is core to our culture, and you will build a path forward informed by professional development goals that align with organizational needs.
- For this role, you will have an opportunity to become a co-administrator of PoP’s G-suite, Box, Adobe and Slack or advance your skills in Salesforce, be given full access to PoP’s Adobe licenses and master the basics of all other technology platforms, for instance.
- All new hires assist in the ongoing effort to create a workplace that is equitable, inclusive, honest, supportive and driven by a focus on the collective rather than the individual to uphold the operating vision and the organizational value of community.
- We hope our staff will share their lived and professional experiences to contribute to our global community and transparently share ideas that help mitigate risks and solve challenges and concerns, collaborating with colleagues globally. We iterate and evolve to deliver quality programming together. This audacious approach advances sustainable change in pursuit of our programmatic vision for addressing inequalities.
- Throughout the onboarding period, you will openly and honestly discuss any readjustments that need to be made to your first year plan in order to ensure your success. We work together to develop strategies for managing up, down and laterally to create a space in which individual opinions are heard and respected by colleagues while operating in service to the collective as well, working cross functionally across departments and continents.