Join Our Team: Coordinator, Social Media
Pencils of Promise is an award-winning brand and for-purpose organization that provides quality education to kids around the world. PoP has been featured in the NYT, WSJ, Forbes, Fast Company, Vogue and also received the prestigious AdWeek 2016 Brand Save Honor award – recognized for its excellence alongside global brands such as Airbnb, Jeep and JetBlue. PoP leverages branding and technology to create social impact accessible to the new generation of philanthropists seeking transparency.
Pencils of Promise is seeking a digitally savvy, amiable, quick-witted self-starter to join the PoP External Affairs team. Core responsibilities for this role are social media engagement and quality assurance for our digital space. As Coordinator, Social Media, you will be instrumental in implementing the PoP voice across multiple digital platforms. You'll make the essential connections between our work internationally, our campaigns, and our community members.
- Social Media Analysis and Strategy: Work with Manager of Content and Digital Marketing and Designer to identify effective social strategy across platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn) and with External Affairs Team to create campaign specific social media strategy
- Produce creative, compelling content for social media posts and website content using Adobe Creative Suite or other design software
- Track and report on digital metrics with respect to following as well as conversion with a view to implementing insights and optimizing performance online
- Maximize impact of online content to keep our community connected to our work, including trialling innovative new digital strategies and content ideas
- Copywrite for PoP.org, campaign microsites, newsletters and social media based on a data driven understanding of PoP's audience and brand
- Manage social media communities including managing comments, questions, liking posts and responding to direct messages
- Research and recommend influencers or influential organizations online with whom PoP should partner
- Bachelor’s degree or related work experience preferred
- Strong understanding of digital communication platforms (social media, digital communications, web)
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to synthesize complex information into simple, clear communications
- Passion for social media, digital culture, influencers, brand and building online communities
- Passion for the mission of Pencils of Promise and the PoP community
About the Office
We are a passionate, driven, and fun group of individuals. We have a unique, energetic office culture that is sometimes casual and light, but, at all times, the PoP team is very much focused and committed to working hard in the name of our cause. You will find nothing besides positive attitudes, determination, and smiles at the PoP office.