Join Our Team: Database Intern
Pencils of Promise is seeking a superstar Database Intern for Winter 2019. This team member will support the Operations Team with many components of our database management, from data cleaning to building custom solutions to our most pressing business challenges.
This is a paid full-time internship through May 31. Start date is January 7. As an alternative, credit is available to those eligible. Please bring a computer daily.
At this internship, you will learn:
- How a forward-thinking non-profit is leveraging technology to innovate and grow
- How to administer Salesforce CRM, an industry leader in cloud computing, critical to the success of myriad organizations, from Hershey’s and Coca-Cola to Teach for America and DonorsChoose
- How to effectively communicate between departments to translate business needs into technical solutions
- Priority management in a fast-paced, tech-focused environment
- Help us build out our database – create custom architecture and workflows to support the evolving business needs of our growing organization
- Grow our training backbone – develop and manage TDI's content on our Learning Management System
- Manage our internal ticketing system – keep ou r team on track as we receive and address requests from our colleagues across the globe
- Be an admin all-star – keep the TDI ship running smoothly as a proactive coordinator and communicator
- Assist with research and requirements gathering for solutions to needs across all departments
- Work with a team of data geeks passionate about making the world a better place
- Attention to detail – an excellent writer who sweats the small stuff and can spot an error in a haystack of data
- Proud or aspiring data nerd – you know your way around Excel and love a good infographic
- Self-starter – you're a great team player, but you're not afraid of owning projects and working independently
- Proven collaborator – strong communication and proactive follow-up with deadlines
- Passion – you believe in PoP's mission and our commitment to using technology to get us there
- Experience in Salesforce or other relational databases a big plus
- Experience with Agile methodologies and project management another huge plus
- In order to be considered for this position, documents must be submitted in PDF format.
- We are most interested in candidates who can demonstrate a strong interest in our work and a desire to learn.
About the Office
We are a passionate, driven, and fun group of individuals. We have a unique, energetic office culture that is sometimes casual and light, but, at all times, the PoP team is very much focused and committed to working hard in the name of our cause. You will find nothing besides positive attitudes, determination, and smiles at the PoP office.