Join Our Team: Designer
Pencils of Promise is an award-winning brand and for-purpose organization that provides quality education to kids around the world. PoP has been featured in the NYT, WSJ, Forbes, Fast Company, Vogue and also received the prestigious AdWeek 2016 Brand Save Honor award – recognized for its excellence alongside global brands such as AirBnB, Jeep and JetBlue. PoP leverages branding and technology to create social impact accessible to the new generation of philanthropists seeking transparency.
Pencils of Promise (PoP) is seeking a Creative Designer to join the PoP External Affairs team. In this role, you'll work closely with our External Affairs team to create visuals and user experiences for our digital presence, marketing partnerships and development initiatives. You will report to the Vice President of External Affairs.
As the Creative Designer, you'll be responsible for designing user experiences and creative solutions across all of our digital touch points. We're looking for someone who is both a strong visual designer and interaction design specialist. It will be your job to not only ideate, but maintain consistency across all creative elements, with the expectation that everything created has been created with purpose and accurately represents the PoP brand. You will be expected to not only oversee creative under the VP of External Affairs, but deliver initial concepts, wireframes, mockups, and final designs.
Please include a link to your online portfolio. Applicants without a portfolio will not be considered.
- Advocate for the User: design and wireframe websites that are built for a high level of engagement and ease of use
- Develop and design high-impact creative for our digital and online presence across multiple platforms
- Drive, oversee and provide thought leadership in the assessment of design deliverables for usefulness, usability, scale, visual design and branding
- Curate and ideate optimizely testing to improve our existing website
- Stay up to date on the latest usability and web design best practices and trends, actively participating in creative brainstorming sessions and being a thought leader for creative solutions
- Collaborate with our External Affairs team to create beautiful visuals that showcase our impact
- Develop and oversee creative on presentation decks and proposals in collaboration with our Manager, Creative and Brand Partnerships
- Develop and oversee creative for internal and external events
- Design and present concepts for digital and print marketing partnerships and collaborations that increase brand awareness and enthusiasm
- Manage external creative agency relationships and implementation
- Manage external tech agency relationships and implementation, including the ability to explain technical solutions to members of the PoP team
- Design and send emails
- Manage multiple projects at one time, switching focus between projects and departments
- 3-5 years relevant design experience in similar positions
- Demonstrated experience with sketching and wireframing
- Demonstrated experience in responsive design
- Proficiency with Adobe Design Software (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Strong, clean design: we're looking for someone with an eye for layout, strong graphic design skills, with an appreciation of simplicity and minimal interfaces
- Attention to detail: you notice when alignment is off, when words aren't kerned, and when colors vary in shade
- Top-notch communication and organization skills, a proven team player who can lead and listed
- Experience using Github
- Experience with Marketing Cloud and MailChimp
- Photography skills and knowledge
- Videography skills and knowledge
- Knowledge of Adobe After Effects, Final Cut or Adobe Premiere
- Illustration or Fine Art skills
- Experience in print design and export knowledge
About the Office
We are a passionate, driven, and fun group of individuals. We have a unique, energetic office culture that is sometimes casual and light, but, at all times, the PoP team is very much focused and committed to working hard in the name of our cause. You will find nothing besides positive attitudes, determination, and smiles at the PoP office.