Join Our Team: Digital Content Intern
Pencils of Promise is seeking an energetic, creative Digital Content Intern who can create compelling content for social media, emails, blog posts and other digital platforms. This individual must be a native of the current cultural landscape with intimate knowledge of the latest and greatest in social media trends, storytelling and emerging platforms. You’ll work directly with our Senior Marketing Coordinator to create dynamic narrative-driven content (copy, video, photography, blogs, social) to further our organization's mission and build affinity with our brand.
This is a paid internship for 5 days/week from January 7 – July 15. School credit available to those eligible. Please bring a computer daily.
- Write blog posts, copy for emails and craft creative social media content highlighting PoP's education programs and supporter stories on all platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram). In this role, you'll also help manage PoP's digital editorial calendar.
- Edit videos on Adobe Premiere or similar professional video-editing software
- Produce video shoots independently (must be comfortable using DSLRs)
- Research, conceptualize and help create original videos for pillar campaign launches, corporate partnerships and any major marketing initiatives
- Work with marketing team to help create compelling closing the loop content for major donors, corporate and talent.
- Participate in marketing brainstorms, ideation and content strategy
- Handle digital file organization for captured content and other administrative tasks for the marketing team
- Follow your passions: we'll let you actively choose many of your in-office tasks based on your skills, passions and talents
- A genuine interest in what makes content shareable and engaging
- Strong understanding of social media metrics and how data can influence future concepts.
- Excellent oral and written language skills—and you must love writing
- Independent and solution-oriented worker
- Ability to take direction and work in a dynamic environment
- Excellent attention to detail
- High energy and ability to interface with and relate to many types of people
- Dedicated work ethic
About the Office
We are a passionate, driven, and fun group of individuals. We have a unique, energetic office culture that is sometimes casual and light, but, at all times, the PoP team is very much focused and committed to working hard in the name of our cause. You will find nothing besides positive attitudes, determination, and smiles at the PoP office.