Join Our Team: Digital Media Internship
Pencils of Promise is seeking a digitally savvy, amiable, quick-witted self-starter to join the PoP Marketing Team. Core responsibilities for this internship are social media engagement and quality assurance for our digital space. As a Digital Media Intern, you will be instrumental in implementing the PoP voice across multiple digital platforms and will also help ensure our web space is bug-free by providing quality assurance to all new digital products. You'll make the essential connections between our work internationally, our campaigns, and our community members.
This is a paid part time (24 hour/week) internship from July 2019-December 2019. In the alternative, credit is available to those eligible.
- Social Media Analysis and Strategy: Work with Senior Manager of Content and Digital to identify effective social strategy across platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn) and with External Affairs Team to create campaign specific social media strategy
- Produce creative, bespoke content for social media posts and website content using Adobe Creative Suite or other design software
- Track and report on digital metrics with respect to following as well as conversion with a view to implementing insights and optimizing performance online
- Maximize impact of online content to keep our community connected to our work, including trialling innovative new digital strategies and content ideas
- Copywriting for PoP.org, campaign microsites, newsletters and social media based on a data driven understanding of PoP's audience and brand
- Management of social media communities including managing comments, questions, liking posts and responding to direct messages
- Identifying influencers or influential organizations online that PoP should partner with
- Quality Assurance of catching bugs, orchestrating usability tests, and beta testing all website pages
- In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, or graduate degree or recent grad in communications, marketing or graphic design
- Strong understanding of digital communication platforms (social media, digital communications, web)
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to synthesize complex information into simple, clear communications
- Passion for social media, digital culture, influencers, brand and building online communities
- Passion for the mission of Pencils of Promise and the PoP community
- Comfortable absorbing PoP's culture and directing our brand voice
- Self-motivated and capable of taking initiative to find solutions
- Experience with bug tracking software a plus
- Knowledge of smart UX practices a plus
About the Office
We are a passionate, driven, and fun group of individuals. We have a unique, energetic office culture that is sometimes casual and light, but, at all times, the PoP team is very much focused and committed to working hard in the name of our cause. You will find nothing besides positive attitudes, determination, and smiles at the PoP office.