Join Our Team: Director of Individual Giving
The Director of Individual Giving will lead and manage individual giving, including growing and stewarding our donor base, leading event production, and driving major gift and campaign giving. As there is tremendous growth potential in this market, the Director will be responsible for significant growth over the next five years. The Director will oversee the expansion and diversification of the fundraising portfolio, the vision and strategy for the Advisory Board, and additional key cultivation events involving high-level donors and partners. The Director will also grow major gift revenue by stewarding and renewing current donors, identifying new prospects, and working in partnership with the Marketing and Finance Teams to deepen the overall major gift pipeline.
The position requires a high performing development professional comfortable managing concurrent priorities in a dynamic, high-growth, and collaborative organization with onsite and remote team members both domestic and abroad. The Director must have outstanding interpersonal and communication skills and direct experience working effectively across organizational and functional roles within international NGO's.
This position reports to the Vice President of Development.
Portfolio Management and Donor Strategy (50%)
- Partner with Vice President of Development to create and execute a comprehensive multi-year fundraising plan for dramatically increasing revenue over the next five years through event, major gift, foundation, and multilateral fundraising.
- Manage PoP's portfolio of individual donors and prospects through a variety of tasks, including developing pitches, conducting ongoing research, creating tailored stewardship plans, professional personalized communication and overseeing the operational systems required to manage a high volume of donor cultivation. Deliver a best in-class donor experience.
- Build and maintain relationships with and be responsible for stewardship and solicitation of PoP's Advisory Board.
- Coordinate with the Impact, Marketing, and Development Teams to collaborate on strategy and content for donor and partner outreach and relationship management vehicles.
- Prioritize key actions for you, the Vice President of Development and the CEO to take in cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding donors through external meetings, events, and correspondence and preparing/supporting them to execute through research, meeting briefs, emails and call blocks
Analyze and Track Progress to Development Goals (20%)
- Analyze historical and market data to support the Vice President of Development and CEO in setting ambitious yet feasible revenue, donor quantity, and retention goals, and setting interim benchmarks to ensure progress is made.
- Collaborate with the Vice President of Development and CEO to create and execute the individual giving strategic and operational plans with a focus on retaining current supporters at a high level and increasing the size of the donor base and the average contribution level.
- Regularly track progress to goals, in part by managing accurate and up-to-date records and data on donors, conducting analysis to identify what is driving and impeding progress; and working with the Vice President of Development to develop and implement solutions to address gaps.
- Leverage existing resources and effectively apply, broaden, and share expertise to support goals and deliverables across the organization, particularly in Learning and Evaluation and reporting
Supporter Events (15%)
- Collaborate with Development Team to host compelling event opportunities to steward donors and share our work with new prospects, ensure the events are successful fundraising vehicles.
People Management (15%)
- Manage, coach and development Development Coordinator
- BA and 8-10 years of relevant experience, with a keen understanding of best practices in fundraising and international development.
- Demonstrated experience building successful fundraising plans with increased total dollars raised over multiple years.
- Enthusiasm and passion for our mission and strong public-speaking skills
- Impactful participation in developing, articulating and implementing annual strategic plans.
- Demonstrated ability to leverage knowledge of an organization's strategy and mission and its market differentiating assets to raise funds.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to lead and effectively manage remote and onsite staff.
- Outstanding ability to influence and engage a wide range of donors and build long-term relationships
- Proven resourcefulness, creativity and flexibility.
- Ability to travel up to 40% of the time, including both domestic and internationally to PoP's three countries of Ghana, Guatemala and Laos.
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple deliverables and priorities on strict deadlines.
To Apply: Please submit a PDF version of your cover letter and resume
About the Office
We are a passionate, driven, and fun group of individuals. We have a unique, energetic office culture that is sometimes casual and light, but, at all times, the PoP team is very much focused and committed to working hard in the name of our cause. You will find nothing besides positive attitudes, determination, and smiles at the PoP office.