Join Our Team: Executive Assistant to the CEO
Pencils of Promise (PoP) is seeking an exceptional team member to serve as Executive Assistant to the CEO. The Executive Assistant provides administrative support to the CEO and will have specific responsibility in managing the CEO’s calendar; and coordinating and gathering resources to ensure the CEO has advanced context and preparation for all internal and external meetings. The EA is also responsible for assisting the External Affairs team in support of development and administrative duties required to successfully achieve fundraising and communication goals each fiscal year. This includes preparation and mailing of all donor communications, database administration, prospect research, file maintenance, reconciling gift records with the finance team.
This position reports to the CEO, however, also serves a resource and collaborates with the External Affairs team.
Expected start date: 1 April 2020
Administrative Support, Calendar & Travel Management
- Manages the CEO’s calendar; schedules and arranges all meetings and activities for the CEO; strategically manages scheduling conflicts, issues and unexpected changes
- Coordinates and support organization of meetings, attending key meetings, preparing agendas, taking minutes and facilitating follow up by phone or email.
- Ensures discretion and confidentiality regarding the CEO and Leadership Team’s calendar
- Handles all travel arrangements for the CEO and Leadership Team members
- Maintains clean and organized contact records for the CEO’s contacts in Salesforce
- Serves as a positive core team player of the organization, working alongside the Leadership and Operations team
Research, Documentation Development & Expense Reporting
- Independently develops daily narrative to inform CEO and Leadership Team of new and pending decision-making and required actions, questions, notes, requests, feedback, etc.
- Conducts research in response to requests for presentations, internal and external meetings, and partnerships
- Tracks, reviews and submits all CEO related expenses and reimbursements on a weekly-basis
- Responsible for interfacing with all Pencils of Promise Board Members; serves as the liaison for the office of the CEO; coordinates calendars and schedules in support of active board involvement and manages the master yearly calendar for BOD
Salesforce Analytics and Administration
- Manage Salesforce database for the EA department to ensure consistency, accuracy, and adherence to best practices
- Ensures all members of the EA team are consistent in their use of Salesforce and develops procedures to assist in this goal
- Manage donor records and reporting processes with maximum detail while maintaining impeccable records, and ensuring the integrity of donor data
- Oversee monthly reconciliation with the Finance department
- Oversee consistent processing of donor acknowledgement letters across the department
- Prepare giving and performance reports and analysis on a regular basis and as requested
Administrative Support to the External Affairs team
- Develops briefs for CEO’s funder meetings
- Compiles and distributes press clippings
- Manages the EA teamwide calendar, meetings and meeting agendas
- Other administrative support, as needed
- Passionate commitment to global education, and PoP’s mission, core beliefs, and values
- Experience handling ever-changing schedules while ensuring that all critical meetings, appointments and work is rescheduled within a reasonable time frame
- Strong multi-tasker with the ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work in dynamic, fast paced environment
- Flexibility is a must, growth mindset a necessity, including the ability to occasionally provide evening support for projects and travel emergencies
- Possess a high degree of professionalism, tact, initiative, and diplomacy and be able to manage confidential and sensitive information, and individuals, with discretion
- Strong team player
- Extremely organized with extraordinary attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills written/oral
- Fluency in all Microsoft Office and G-Suite applications; extensive experience with Salesforce a plus
About the Office
We are a passionate, driven, and fun group of individuals. We have a unique, energetic office culture that is sometimes casual and light, but, at all times, the PoP team is very much focused and committed to working hard in the name of our cause. You will find nothing besides positive attitudes, determination, and smiles at the PoP office.