Join Our Team: Finance Intern
We are seeking a part time Finance Intern in our New York office to join the Finance department. This is a paid internship with the option of college credit to those eligible starting January 7, 2019 through May 31, 2019 with opportunity for extension if applicable. You will be working directly with the Finance Manager and VP of Finance to assist with daily accounting tasks, cash management, expense reporting, month-end close, and administrative office tasks.
- Provide support for Journal Entries and Balance Sheet reconciliations (i.e., tie out revenue entries with Salesforce)
- Assist in monthly reconciliation and monitoring of expense reporting
- Record and report on domestic and international expenses for Ghana, Laos, and Guatemala
- Support accounts payable in QuickBooks
- Develop supplemental financial reports using data from QuickBooks, Salesforce and other required data sources
- Ad hoc projects and operational support for the finance function (i.e., research of accounting systems, process documentation, etc.)
Completed or pursuing 4th year Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
Have a passion for nonprofit organizations, education and/or international development
Mas OS proficient with excellent Excel and data analysis skills
Experience in Salesforce or QuickBooks a plus
Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
Availability for 24+ hours/week
About the Office
We are a passionate, driven, and fun group of individuals. We have a unique, energetic office culture that is sometimes casual and light, but, at all times, the PoP team is very much focused and committed to working hard in the name of our cause. You will find nothing besides positive attitudes, determination, and smiles at the PoP office.