Join Our Team: Graphic Design Intern
Pencils of Promise is seeking an energetic, creative individual with a positive outlook and passion for creating change in the world through their talents. Must be artistically inclined and have the ability to blend well with our unique office culture: we also require idealism, smiles and creativity.
This is a paid internship full time. School credit available to those eligible. Please bring a computer daily. Please submit a cover letter and resume with either a link or PDF of your portfolio. Submissions without a portfolio will not be considered.
- Design digital and print collateral for national campaigns and large-scale events
- Produce marketing materials like pitch decks, one-pagers, and donor materials
- Help develop the Pencils of Promise brand through collateral creation
- Assist the Marketing Team in the creation of website assets, as well as brainstorm website improvements and testing via UX best practices
- Support our international teams through digital material creation
- Assist in-house photo and video shoots
- Create logos, banners, fliers and advertisements to be displayed to our over 600,000 supporters
- Create digital assets for social media channels and email
- Follow your passions: we'll let you actively choose many of your in-office tasks depending on your skills and talents
- A recent recipient of/working towards a design-oriented undergraduate degree
- Mastery of full Adobe creative suite, specifically Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator
- Independent and solution-oriented
- Takes initiative and works well under deadlines
- Basic photography/videography knowledge
- Basic HTML/CSS knowledge
- Excellent attention to detail and communication skills
- Demonstrable understanding of and skill in design, layout, color and typography
- Dedicated work ethic
- Thinks BIG!
About the Office
We are a passionate, driven, and fun group of individuals. We have a unique, energetic office culture that is sometimes casual and light, but, at all times, the PoP team is very much focused and committed to working hard in the name of our cause. You will find nothing besides positive attitudes, determination, and smiles at the PoP office.