Join Our Team: Manager, Content and Digital Marketing
Pencils of Promise is an award-winning brand and for-purpose organization that provides quality education to kids around the world. PoP has been featured in the NYT, WSJ, Forbes, Fast Company, Vogue and also received the prestigious AdWeek 2016 Brand Save Honor award – recognized for its excellence alongside global brands such as AirBnB, Jeep and JetBlue. PoP leverages branding and technology to create social impact accessible to the new generation of philanthropists seeking transparency.
PoP is looking for a Manager, Content and Digital Marketing to oversee content creation and digital marketing and fundraising initiatives. As a key member of the External Affairs team, this position will help grow PoP’s brand and drive awareness and revenue. The Manager, Content and Digital Marketing will hone our strategy and execute delivery of compelling, authentic content to our audience across all platforms with a focus on constant experimentation & thoughtful recalibration based on findings. The role requires strong writing skills and a creative mindset. A successful Manager will smartly analyze performance & constantly be evolving our roadmap accordingly.
The ideal candidate has proven experience in high-growth brands and is used to working in a fast paced startup environment.
Reporting to: Vice President of External Affairs
- In collaboration with the VP of External Affairs, create and execute a comprehensive marketing strategy plan across all digital marketing efforts, including setting tangible goals/KPIs to measure the success of marketing and creative campaigns across the organization.
- Collaborate with External Affairs colleagues on content strategy and creation initiatives to be used across various channels including website, app, email, social, and more.
- Oversee strategy, conception, creative direction and end-to-end execution of marketing campaigns, digital content (website, social, emails & blogs), video production, as well as all external-facing materials and events.
- Develop strategies to create a compelling and smooth online fundraising experience via PoP’s website
- Maintain content calendar and social media cadence, writing content and posting at high frequency
- Grow online community by creating high-value content, utilizing data-driven social media strategies and influencer marketing.
- Develop and execute a mid-level fundraising strategy, with a focus on renewing first-time campaign donors
- Drive digital marketing strategy for PoP’s organization-wide campaigns including Back to School and Season of Promise
- Collaborate cross-functionally to support PoP’s initiatives and projects – ensuring they are aligned with digital marketing efforts, and enabling the team to meet their objectives by providing appropriate tools, materials, and presentations.
- Analyze competitive environment and consumer trends to ensure the company’s marketing strategy is competing effectively.
- Test everything: Conduct A/B tests & analyze results to optimize content & establish best practices across all platforms
- Set relevant goals for all communications channels & monitor weekly metrics
- Bachelor's degree or its equivalent required
- 3-5 years of experience in content strategy and digital and social media marketing experience; editorial and/or creative agency experience preferred
- Knowledge and experience working with technology, social media and marketing teams
- An exceptional portfolio demonstrating relevant experience
- Ability to work in a fast-paced setting under tight deadlines with strong project and time management skills
- Expert knowledge of content platform best practices and creative standards
- Ability to execute in short-term while simultaneously developing long-term strategy
- Proactive, conscientious, with an ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with a high degree of professionalism
- Experience with ExactTarget or other direct marketing software preferred.
About the Office
We are a passionate, driven, and fun group of individuals. We have a unique, energetic office culture that is sometimes casual and light, but, at all times, the PoP team is very much focused and committed to working hard in the name of our cause. You will find nothing besides positive attitudes, determination, and smiles at the PoP office.