Join Our Team: Manager, Individual Giving
The Manager, Individual Giving will manage a portfolio of individual donors, including growing and stewarding our donor base, support event production, and driving major gift and campaign giving. As there is tremendous growth potential in this market, the Manager will be responsible for significant growth over the next five years. The Manager will support the expansion and diversification of the fundraising portfolio and additional key cultivation events involving high-level donors and partners. The Manager will also grow major gift revenue by stewarding and renewing their portfolio of current donors, identifying new prospects, collaborating across the External Affairs team, and working in partnership with Finance Teams to deepen the overall major gift pipeline.
The position requires a high performing development professional comfortable managing concurrent priorities in a dynamic, high-growth, collaborative organization with onsite and remote team members both domestic and abroad. The Manager must have outstanding interpersonal and communication skills and direct experience working effectively across organizational and functional roles within international NGOs.
Reporting to: Director, Individual Giving
Portfolio Management (60%)
- Partner with VP, External Affairs and Director, Individual Giving to execute and support a comprehensive multi-year fundraising plan for dramatically increasing revenue over the next five years through event, major gift, foundation, and multilateral fundraising
- Manage a portfolio of individual donors and prospects through a variety of tasks, including developing pitches, conducting ongoing research, creating tailored stewardship plans, professional personalized communication and overseeing the operational systems required to manage a high volume of donor cultivation. Deliver a best in-class donor experience.
- Collaborate across External Affairs team, and coordinate with the Impact Team on strategy and content for donor and partner outreach and relationship management vehicles
- Execute on key actions to take in cultivating, soliciting and stewarding donors through external meetings, events, and correspondence and preparing/supporting them to execute through research, meeting briefs, emails, and call blocks
Analyze and Track Progress to Development Goals (20%)
- Regularly track progress to goals, in part by managing accurate and up-to-date records and data on donors; conducting analysis to identify what is driving and impeding progress; and working with the Vice President, External Affairs and Director, Director, Individual Giving to develop and implement solutions to address gaps
- Leverage existing resources and effectively apply, broaden, and share expertise to support goals and deliverables across the organization particularly in Monitoring and Evaluation and reporting
Supporter Events (20%)
- Collaborate across External Affairs team to host compelling event opportunities to steward donors and share our work with new prospects; ensure the events are successful fundraising vehicles
- BA and 3-5 years of relevant experience, with a keen understanding of best practices in fundraising and international development
- Enthusiasm and passion for our mission and strong public-speaking skills
- Impactful participation in developing, articulating, and implementing annual strategic plans
- Demonstrated ability to leverage knowledge of an organization’s strategy and mission and its market differentiating assets to raise funds
- Outstanding ability to influence and engage a wide range of donors and build long-term relationships
- Proven resourcefulness, creativity, and flexibility
- Ability to travel up to 40% of the time, including both domestic and internationally to PoP’s three countries of Ghana, Guatemala and Laos.
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple deliverables and priorities on strict deadlines
About the Office
We are a passionate, driven, and fun group of individuals. We have a unique, energetic office culture that is sometimes casual and light, but, at all times, the PoP team is very much focused and committed to working hard in the name of our cause. You will find nothing besides positive attitudes, determination, and smiles at the PoP office.