Pencils of Promise (PoP) is seeking a detail-oriented and self-motivated Social Media Intern for Spring 2023. The intern will support the Marketing and Communications team with enhancing our social media presence through the development and implementation of new systems for content collection. This is a paid, part time (20 hour-a-week) internship that has the option of remote work.
Please email a PDF to email@example.com with your resume and a 250- to 350-word response to the following prompt: Describe how you view the role of social media in creating social change around the world. Please provide a specific example of how you have used social media to create positive impact.
The main objective of this internship is developing a sustainable model of content collection from our global teams for our social media features. You will work closely with our Marketing and Communications team along with our global content leads to find solutions and implement a system to shift our current approach to a narrative focus.
- Design a new model for global content collection that focuses on storytelling
- Develop a pipeline to cultivate relationships with new influencers
- Lead weekly social media analytics tracking to identify trends
- Support on the expansion to new social platforms and activities
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud (Illustrator and Photoshop, Premiere Pro is a plus)
- Strong writing abilities
- Experience with social media management and community engagement
- Strong communication skills and consistent adherence to deadlines
- Strong organizational skills
- Knowledge of Spanish a plus
- Excellent attention to detail
- Interest in international development and education
- Strong commitment to PoP’s mission
At this internship, you will learn:
- Insights into how a nonprofit operates
- Social media management and growth strategies
- Managing and growing brand and influencer partnerships
- Data analysis and reporting
- Project management skills
- Intercultural communication skills