Join Our Team: Special Events & Development Operations
Pencils of Promise is seeking an outgoing, articulate, and passionate Special Events & Development Operations Intern. This intern will report to the Special Projects Manager and External Affairs team. The ideal candidate has administrative, events, development and customer service experience.
This is a full time paid internship starting July – December 2019 with opportunity for extension if applicable. Academic credit is available to those eligible.
- Play a critical role in the planning of PoP's annual Gala by assisting the project manager with coordinating on-site logistics, managing vendor relations, supporting the RSVP list, recruiting volunteers, sourcing auction items, managing packing lists and any additional requests.
- Support the External Affairs team with logistics and planning for fall cultivation events.
- Support External Affairs team with general administration: manage the integrity and input of donor data and contact records in Salesforce, pull reports and lists from Salesforce, create event facesheets and conduct basic research.
- Communicate with in-country team members to support PoP's donor trips for high profile donors.
- Assist with the management of PoP’s tax letter and invoicing process
- In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor, or graduate degree or recent grad
- Strong verbal, written, organizational and interpersonal communication skills
- Previous experience with planning events
- An interest in working in a startup environment and non-profit work
- Very organized and a quick learner
- Independent and self-motivated
- Upbeat with a can-do attitude, team player
- Passion for PoP's work
- Must be available to volunteer on November 4 for the entire PoP event [6:00 PM – 2:00 AM]. Willingness to work extra hours the week leading up to the event if needed.
About the Office
We are a passionate, driven, and fun group of individuals. We have a unique, energetic office culture that is sometimes casual and light, but, at all times, the PoP team is very much focused and committed to working hard in the name of our cause. You will find nothing besides positive attitudes, determination, and smiles at the PoP office.