February 22, 2012
Join the Team: Video Editor/Digital Media Intern
Pencils of Promise is seeking a badass video editor/digital media intern for our NYC office. A young, visionary filmmaker with aspirations to shake people in their boots when they see the content this person creates. Someone with the technical and editing skills to craft together dynamic 1-3 minute marketing pieces.
A film student or recent graduate would be ideal. Please be aware that we are seeking someone with the experience and equipment to truly tell our story in a professional manner. This individual will work with the digital team on the creation and editing of videos for use on the PoP’s website as well as our Facebook and YouTube/Vimeo pages.
- Work with the digital team to brainstorm and storyboard creative concepts for videos, including promotional campaign videos and internal videos
- Publish videos to YouTube/Vimeo and Facebook
- Develop animated pieces for our website and social media channels
- Conceptualize and craft special “thank you” videos for donors and partners
- Organize digital assets and editing library - prepare drive and catalogue footage to ensure the best photos and videos are readily accessible, searchable and always credited to the right photographer/videographer.
- Atleast an intermediate knowledge of video production and editing
- In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution in Digital Media, Video Production, or Computer Science, with a strong understanding of computers and multimedia applications
- Strong working knowledge of Final Cut Studio and the Adobe Creative Suite, including After Effects, Premiere, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Knowledge of video compression for interactive and online programs
- An understanding of technical aspects of video and audio compression, including codec and/or playback settings and standards for a variety of platforms and devices
- Strong personal interest in all things video, social media and multimedia design
- Super creative with the ability to come up with innovative concepts for videos to spread awareness about our cause and movement.
- Ability to use some of your own equipment and software (a Canon T3i with optional 50mm 1.8d lens is available for your use as well).
- You’re a multi-tasking machine!
Please submit cover letter and portfolio. Apply here
or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.